MembershipWare has chosen to use the membership management platform MembershipWare to help manage resources, schedule events, and handle payment processing.
MEMBERSHIPWARE TERMS OF SERVICE
Effective Date: August 3, 2020
Munibit powered by MembershipWare
MembershipWare, LLC, a Missouri limited liability company ("MembershipWare," "us," "we," or "our"), operates the MembershipWare service (the "Service"), a password-protected web application (the "Web App"). Among other things, the Service allows an organization and its members to organize, access and otherwise use information and materials related to its membership.
These MembershipWare Terms of Service (collectively, "Terms of Service") set forth the terms and conditions under which you may access and use the Service.
In these Terms of Service, we define the "Customer" as the organization that is, or is becoming, a subscriber to the Service; and any person authorized by the Customer to use the Service is an "Authorized User". Each Authorized User will have an account (each a "User Account") issued under the Customer’s account (the "Customer Account"). The Customer and Authorized User are jointly referred to as "you" or "your". "Administrator" refers to the individual(s) whom the Customer has designated to control and administer the Customer Account and the User Accounts under that Customer Account.
BY ACCESSING, REGISTERING WITH OR USING THE SERVICE, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE. IF YOU ARE ESTABLISHING A CUSTOMER ACCOUNT AND/OR ARE AN ADMINISTRATOR OF A CUSTOMER ACCOUNT, YOU REPRESENT TO MEMBERSHIPWARE THAT YOU HAVE AUTHORITY TO BIND CUSTOMER TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, AND YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE ON BEHALF OF CUSTOMER AND ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE (WITHOUT MODIFICATION), YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO ACCESS, REGISTER WITH, OR USE THE SERVICE.
MembershipWare reserves the right to modify or change these Terms of Service at any time by posting the revised Terms of Service on this Service and showing the effective date of the revised Terms of Service, or by providing notice to Administrators and Authorized Users when they log in to the Service, by emailing Administrator(s) of the Customer Account, or by other reasonable means. The most current version of these Terms of Service can be reviewed when registering to use the Service or accessing a User Account for the first time, and may subsequently be viewed by clicking on "Terms & Privacy" located in the Service. Your continued access to and/or use of the Service after MembershipWare posts any revised Terms of Service constitutes your agreement to any such revised Terms of Service.
PLEASE NOTE THAT, NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING CONTAINED IN THESE TERMS OF SERVICE OR ON THE SERVICE TO THE CONTRARY, THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES AND SUBJECT TO LIMITATIONS ON MEMBERSHIPWARE'S LIABILITY. THESE TERMS ARE CONTAINED IN SECTIONS 10 AND 11 BELOW.
1. GENERAL USE AND RESTRICTIONS.
- 1.1. License. Conditioned upon and subject to your strict compliance with these Terms of Service, and subject to these Terms of Service (including termination of the license): (a) MembershipWare grants Customer a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited license to access and use the Service during Customer’s Subscription Period; and (b) MembershipWare grants each Authorized User, for the period of time that each Authorized User is authorized to access and use his or her User Account by Customer during such Customer's Subscription Period, a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited license to access and use features of the Service permitted under the applicable Subscription (defined below) to organize, access and otherwise use information and materials related to his/her membership, in each case (i) to the extent the applicable functionality is made available to you from time-to-time, and (ii) through the functionality of the Service, subject to earlier termination as set forth in these Terms of Service. If any person’s User Account is terminated by MembershipWare or Customer, or if a person has not been issued a User Account by MembershipWare or Customer, such person is not an “Authorized User” and does not have a license to access and/or use the Service.
- 1.2. Use of the Service. You agree not to access and/or use the Service for any purpose that is not expressly permitted by these Terms of Service, or is otherwise unlawful. You further agree to comply with all duties and obligations applicable to your access and use of the Service, including all those applicable to the Internet, e-mail, privacy, copyrights and trademarks, data and the transfer of data from the country in which you reside, and any other applicable laws, statutes, ordinances, regulations, contracts and licenses.
- 1.4. Restrictions. You agree not to (a) use any of MembershipWare's trademarks as metatags on other web sites; (b) use the Service in any manner that is illegal or impairs the operation of the Service or its availability or usage by others; (c) display any part of the Service in frames (or any content via in-line links); (d) make the Service available to any person other than an Authorized User; and/or (e) modify or otherwise create derivative works or improvements of or on the Service. You further agree not to decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble any software or other products or processes accessible through the Service, and not to insert any code or product or manipulate the Service in any way that affects the user's experience including taking any action that imposes, or may impose, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Service. You further agree not to use, upload, input or otherwise provide through the Service any software or other technology, including any virus, worm, malware or other malicious computer code, the purpose or effect of which is to (i) permit unauthorized access to, or to destroy, disrupt, disable, or otherwise harm or impede any computer, software, firmware, hardware, system or network, or any application or function of any of the foregoing or the security, integrity, confidentiality or use of any data processed thereby, or (ii) prevent any person from accessing or using the Service who has been authorized by us to do so; or to use any data mining, web crawlers, robots, cancelbots, spiders, Trojan horses, or any data gathering or extraction method in connection with your use of the Service except for customary search engines used in accordance with automated instructions directed to search engines and available on the Service.
- 2. THE SERVICE.
- 2.1. General. Portions of the Service available to different Authorized Users may vary. No Authorized User has access to all portions of the Service. You agree not to use or access, or attempt to use or access, any portion of the Service for which you are not intentionally given access to by us and/or Customer, as applicable.
- 2.3. Access to User Account. An Authorized User may not authorize any other person to access and/or use his or her User Account. Accordingly, each Authorized User agrees to protect his or her username and password by, among other things, keeping such username and password confidential. If, notwithstanding the foregoing obligation, an Authorized User allows another person to use his or her username and/or password to access his or her User Account, the Authorized User will be responsible for all use by that person using his or her User Account. You agree to immediately notify MembershipWare of any unauthorized use of any Authorized User's password or any other breach of security.
2.4. Security. We will comply with applicable laws and regulations in our creation, collection, receipt, access, use, storage, disposal, and disclosure of Authorized Users' personal information. We also employ administrative, technical and physical safeguards consistent with industry standards that are designed to protect information uploaded to the Service (including personal information you provide) against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Notwithstanding the foregoing or anything else in these Terms of Service, information transmitted on the Internet and/or stored on systems attached to the Internet such as ours is not 100% secure. As a result, we do not ensure, warrant or guarantee the security or integrity of such information. We will not be responsible for disclosure or misuse of any information due to errors in transmission or the unauthorized acts of third parties.
- 3. CUSTOMER. Any use of a User Account under a Customer Account shall be considered a use of such Customer Account. Each User Account must be designated for use by a named individual, and Customer may allow only such named individual to use the User Account designated for him or her. If an Authorized User is no longer authorized by Customer to use and access a User Account, Customer shall deactivate such User Account. Customer will be responsible for all access to, and use of, the Service by an Authorized User (and any person that uses and/or accesses the Service through a User Account under your Customer Account) and for any damage we incur as a result of any act, error, or omission of any Authorized User (and any person that uses and/or accesses the Service through a User Account comprising your Customer Account). Any breach of these Terms of Service by an Authorized User (and any person that uses and/or accesses the Service through a User Account comprising your Customer Account) shall be considered a breach by Customer.
- 4. AUTHORIZED USERS. Each Authorized User hereby acknowledges that Customer may have submitted personal information about him/her to the Service. Each Authorized User further acknowledges that (a) Customer has the right to (i) access, view, use and copy any content entered or uploaded by such Authorized User on the Service ("User Content"); (ii) control his/her access to User Content and Customer Content (including the length of time that such User Content and/or Customer Content remains accessible on the Service); and (iii) terminate and/or suspend his or her access to the User Account, and (b) certain User Content and Customer Content (e.g., that included in a membership directory) may be made available to other Authorized Users.
- 5. CUSTOMER CONTENT AND USER CONTENT
- 5.1. “Customer Content” means information, documents, and other materials uploaded or entered by Customer and/or the Administrator(s) for that Customer Account (or one of its User Accounts), which content may include organizational documents and other information, documentation and links (including personal information regarding Authorized Users and others).
5.2. Customer Content and User Content. Customers and/or their Authorized Users retain ownership of and responsibility for all Customer Content and/or User Content (including personal information) that Customers or Authorized Users upload or otherwise submit to the Service. No right, title or interest in any Customer Content or User Content is transferred to or vests in MembershipWare; however, you authorize MembershipWare to use and display such Customer Content and/or User Content (in whole or part) as necessary to provide the Service. For the sake of clarity, certain Customer Content uploaded or otherwise submitted to the Service will be displayed for Authorized Users of User Accounts issued under the applicable Customer Account whom the Customer authorizes to view such Customer Content.
You represent and warrant to MembershipWare that you have the right to upload or otherwise submit such Customer Content and/or User Content through the Service and to grant MembershipWare the authorization granted in this section, and that such Customer Content and/or User Content does not infringe, misappropriate or otherwise violate a privacy right, intellectual property right, or any other rights of any person.
- 5.3. No Liability for Customer Content or User Content. You are solely responsible for any Customer Content and/or User Content that you enter on or upload to the Service. We shall not be liable for the disclosure, use or misuse of any such Customer Content and/or User Content, including any personal information. You acknowledge that we have no obligation to screen Customer Content and/or User Content entered on or uploaded to the Service.
- 5.3. Restrictions on Customer Content and User Content. You agree not to enter or submit any Customer Content and/or User Content on or to the Service that (a) is unlawful, (b) contains false, fraudulent, deceptive or misleading statements, (c) infringes, misappropriates or otherwise violates an intellectual property right of any person, (d) violates the privacy or other rights of any third party, or (e) violates any municipal, state or federal law, rule, regulation or ordinance of any jurisdiction, or attempts to encourage such violation.
- 6. FEES AND PAYMENT.
- 6.1. Fees. Customer shall pay to MembershipWare any fees due in accordance with the fee schedule posted on membershipware.com, as updated from time-to-time.
- 6.2. Taxes. All amounts payable under these Terms of Service are exclusive of all sales, use, value-added, withholding, and other taxes and duties. Customer will promptly pay, and indemnify MembershipWare against, all taxes and duties assessed in connection with (a) any such amounts, (b) these Terms of Service, and (c) performance hereunder by any authority within or outside of the U.S., except for taxes payable on MembershipWare’s net income.
- 6.3. Other. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may assess a late charge equal to the lesser of 1% of the unpaid amount each month or the maximum rate permitted by law if Customer does not pay on time. Customer must pay these late charges when we bill for them. We may suspend or cancel access to the Service (for Customer and Customer’s Authorized Users) if Customer fails to pay in full and on time. Customer will reimburse MembershipWare for all reasonable costs and expenses incurred (including reasonable attorneys' fees) in collecting any overdue amounts.
- 6.4. Payments. All amounts payable hereunder must be made in U.S. dollars. Customer shall make all payments via credit card, debit card, ACH (if available) or by other means that we may permit from time-to-time.
- 6.5. Credit Card Payments. If Customer designates a credit card or debit card to make payments, Customer hereby agrees that MembershipWare (or its applicable payment processor) is authorized to charge Customer's designated card on the applicable due date. If MembershipWare (or its applicable payment processor) does not receive payment from the applicable card issuer or its agents, or if payment made by bank draft or other means is not honored, Customer agrees to pay all amounts due immediately upon demand. Customer agrees to keep the account number and expiration date of Customer's designated card and Customer's billing address updated at all times.
- 6.6. ACH. If Customer elects to make payments via the transfer of funds from a bank or credit union account, this will be done electronically via the Automated Clearing House ("ACH"). Customer hereby agrees that MembershipWare (or its applicable payment processor) is authorized to make electronic transfers via ACH from its bank account for the amount owed on the applicable due date. Customer gives MembershipWare the right to resubmit for collection any ACH debit that is returned for insufficient or uncollected funds. Customer acknowledges that it may be charged a service fee for any ACH transactions that result in a returned ACH item, including but not limited to those caused by insufficient funds in its bank account, closure of its bank account, or incorrect bank account information.
- 7. TERM AND TERMINATION.
- 7.1. General. Unless we agree otherwise in writing, the term of a Customer's subscription to use the Service ("Subscription") shall commence on the date we accept (or accepted) Customer's subscription request by notifying Customer of such acceptance and shall continue until the end of the acceptance month plus one (1) month (the initial partial month plus one month is the "Subscription Period"); subject, however, to renewal and earlier termination as provided herein. Upon the expiration of the Subscription Period and each Renewal Period, if any, the term of the Subscription shall automatically renew for successive periods of one (1) month each (each such one month is a "Renewal Period") unless (a) either party gives the other party notice of its intention not to have the Subscription renew at least one (1) business day before the scheduled expiration of the then-current term, or (b) we agree otherwise in writing. All of your obligations accruing prior to termination or suspension will survive.
- 7.2. Termination by Customer. Customer may cancel its Subscription by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject to the further provisions of this Section 7, any such termination by Customer shall be effective at the end of the then current Subscription Period or Renewal Period, as applicable.
- 7.3. Termination or Suspension of Subscription by Us. MembershipWare may, in its sole discretion, terminate or suspend Customer's Subscription, at any time, with or without notice and for any reason (or no reason) including for non-payment or delinquency in payment of any fees, or if we believe that Customer (or any Authorized User) is infringing, or has infringed, the intellectual property rights of others or is aiding or threatening, or has aided or threatened, such infringement. Any termination by us shall be effective on the date specified in such notice or, if no date is provided, shall be effective immediately. Customer agrees that, if its Subscription is terminated, it will not thereafter access, or attempt to access, the Service, directly or indirectly, and if its Subscription is suspended, it will not thereafter access, or attempt to access, the Service, directly or indirectly, until its suspension is removed and MembershipWare gives it express notice thereof.
- 7.4. Effect of Termination of Subscription. Upon termination of Customer's Subscription, (a) Customer and all of its Authorized Users cease to have access to the Service, and (b) MembershipWare may, in its sole discretion, delete all information and content (including Customer Content and User Content) in the Customer Account (including any User Account under the Customer Account); provided, however, that for sixty (60) days following termination of Customer's Subscription, the Administrator of the Customer Account may make arrangements with us to log in to the Service and download any of Customer Content and User Content associated with that Customer Account; and after 60 days we will delete the Customer Account, User Accounts associated with that Customer Account, and any related Customer Content and User Content. Customer may make such request by sending an email to email@example.com. Notwithstanding the foregoing, MembershipWare reserves the right to retain and use such information and content as necessary to comply with its legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce the Terms of Service. MembershipWare’s termination of your Subscription may also bar you from any future use of the Service.
- 7.5. Termination or Suspension of Access to and Use of the Service. MembershipWare and/or Customer may, each in its sole discretion, terminate or suspend your access to, and/or use of, the Service, or any portion thereof, at any time, with or without notice and for any reason (or no reason) including if either of them believe that you have failed to comply with your obligations or representations under these Terms of Service, including by infringing, or having infringed, the intellectual property rights of third parties or are aiding or threatening, or have aided or threatened, such infringement. Any such termination shall be effective on the date specified in such notice or, if no date is provided, shall be effective immediately. You agree that if your authorization to access or use the Service is terminated, you will not thereafter access, or attempt to access, the Service, directly or indirectly, and if your authorization to access the Service is suspended, you will not thereafter access, or attempt to access, the Service, directly or indirectly, until your suspension is removed and MembershipWare gives you express notice thereof. If Customer suspends or terminates an Authorized User, Customer will be responsible to notify that person of the suspension or termination and also to provide notice if that person's access is later restored. In addition, the Customer reserves the right in its discretion to restrict, suspend or limit access to the Service to persons who are not Authorized Users. MembershipWare’s termination of your authorization to access and/or use the Service may also bar you from any future use of the Service.
- 8. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
- 8.1. General. Except for Customer Content, User Content and content that is in the public domain, the Service and all content, as well as the selection and arrangement of the content, is owned by (or licensed to) MembershipWare or its suppliers and is protected by copyright, trade dress, trademark, unfair competition, and/or other laws and may not be used, copied or imitated in whole or in part except as expressly provided herein. Except as otherwise expressly provided in these Terms of Service, all rights in and to the Service and content are expressly reserved by MembershipWare.
- 8.2. Trademarks. MEMBERSHIPWARE and the related logos are trademarks of MembershipWare, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without MembershipWare’s prior written permission. In addition, all page headers, custom graphics, button icons, and scripts are service marks, trademarks and/or trade dress of MembershipWare or its licensors and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without MembershipWare's prior written permission.
8.3. Policy, Notices and Procedures Regarding Claims of Copyright Infringement. MembershipWare respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible on the Service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify our agent as provided in this Section 8.3. Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), MembershipWare designates Copyright Agent as its agent designated to receive notification of claimed copyright infringement ("Designated Agent"). The address of the Designated Agent is 112 South Main Street, Saint Charles, MO 63301. The email address of the Designated Agent is firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may terminate your use and access to the Service (including your Customer Account and/or User Account) if we believe that you are infringing the intellectual property rights of any person or are aiding or threatening such infringement. In these Terms of Service, "intellectual property rights" mean and include any registered and unregistered rights granted, applied for or otherwise in existence at any time under or related to any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, database protection, or other intellectual property rights laws, and all similar or equivalent rights or protections in any jurisdiction.
- 9. INDEMNIFICATION. To the fullest extent permitted by law, but subject to the other provisions of these Terms of Service, Customer and MembershipWare each shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless each other and each other's officers, directors, partners, agents, members, managers and employees from and against any and all demands, claims, damages to persons or property, losses and liabilities including reasonable attorney's fees (collectively "Claims") arising out of or caused by the indemnifying party's (or its officers’, directors’, partners’, members', agents', managers’ or employees') breach of any provision of the Terms of Service, any violation of law, or negligence, except to the extent and percentage attributable to the other party's negligence. Neither party shall have waived or be deemed to have waived, by reason of this paragraph, any defense which it may have with respect to such Claims. Nothing in the Terms of Service shall be deemed to waive any government body's sovereign immunity (to the extent applicable). To the extent the indemnification is unavailable to or insufficient to hold harmless an indemnified person in respect of any Claims, then each indemnifying person, in lieu of indemnifying the indemnified person hereunder, shall contribute to the aggregate amount paid or payable by such indemnified person, as incurred, as a result of any Claims in such proportion as is appropriate to reflect the relative benefits received by such parties from using the Service and the relative fault of the parties in connection with the act or omission that resulted in such Claim. The remedies provided for in Section 9 are not exclusive and shall not limit any rights or remedies which may otherwise be available to any indemnified person at law or in equity.
- 10. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. You expressly acknowledge and agree that your access and use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an "AS IS", "WITH ALL FAULTS", and "AS AVAILABLE" basis. MembershipWare makes no representations or warranties relating to the Service. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MEMBERSHIPWARE HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHER, AND MEMBERSHIPWARE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE (WHETHER OR NOT MEMBERSHIPWARE KNOWS, HAS REASON TO KNOW, HAS BEEN ADVISED, OR IS OTHERWISE IN FACT AWARE OF ANY SUCH PURPOSE), TITLE , QUIET ENJOYMENT AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ALL WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE OR TRADE PRACTICE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, MEMBERSHIPWARE MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND THAT THE SERVICE, OR RESULTS OF THE USE THEREOF, WILL MEET YOUR OR ANY OTHER PERSON'S REQUIREMENTS, OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION, ACHIEVE ANY INTENDED RESULT, BE COMPATIBLE OR WORK WITH ANY SOFTWARE, SYSTEM, OR BE SECURE, ACCURATE, COMPLETE, FREE OF HARMFUL CODE OR ERROR FREE.
- 11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL MEMBERSHIPWARE OR ANY OF ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, PARTNERS, AGENTS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS AND EMPLOYEES (EACH, A "COVERED PERSON") BE LIABLE FOR ANY (A) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR (B) INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, COSTS OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OR LOSSES, ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH, THESE TERMS OF SERVICE AND/OR THE SERVICE, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, IN TORT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF SUCH COVERED PERSON IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND WHETHER OR NOT SUCH DAMAGES ARE A REASONABLY FORESEEABLE CONSEQUENCE OF A BREACH OF THESE TERMS OF SERVICE OR A TORT THAT FALLS WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THESE TERMS OF SERVICE. In no event shall any Covered Person's total liability to you for any damages arising out of or in any way connected with these Terms of Service or the Service, whether for breach of contract, in tort or otherwise, exceed the greater of (a) one thousand two hundred fifty dollars ($1,250.00) or (b) the amount you paid to us, if any, during the twelve (12) month period immediately before the applicable claims arose. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ANY AGREED OR OTHER REMEDY OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
- 12. MODIFICATIONS TO THE SERVICE. Without limiting MembershipWare's rights under Section 7 above, upon thirty (30) days' notice by emailing registered Administrators of the affected Customer Accounts, MembershipWare may at any time, for any reason in its sole discretion and without liability (i) modify all or any portion of the Service, and (ii) suspend, discontinue and/or restrict the use of all or any portion of the Service; provided, that no such notice will be required if the change does not materially degrade the functionality of the Service.
- 13. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION. The Service is hosted on servers located in the United States. These Terms of Service, and all matters arising out of or relating to these Terms of Service, shall be governed by the federal laws of the United States and the laws of the State of Missouri, without giving effect to the conflict of law provisions thereof and excluding any application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, the application of which is expressly excluded. You consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the federal courts sitting in St. Louis, Missouri, unless no federal subject matter jurisdiction exists, in which case you consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the state courts sitting in St. Charles County, Missouri. You hereby irrevocably waive, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, any objection which you may now or hereafter have to the laying of venue of any such proceeding brought in such a court and any claim that any such proceeding brought in such a court has been brought in an inconvenient forum. You agree that any cause of action that you may desire to bring arising out of or related to these Terms of Service must commence within one (1) year after the occurrence of the act or omission giving rise to the cause of action; otherwise, such cause of action shall be permanently barred. You also agree that a breach by you of these Terms of Service will cause irreparable harm to MembershipWare for which money damages alone would not be an adequate remedy; and that MembershipWare shall be entitled to injunctive and other equitable relief in addition to any other remedies it may have hereunder or at law, without a bond or other security or having to prove that monetary damages alone will not afford an adequate remedy.
Effective Date: August 3, 2020
Munibit powered by MembershipWare
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal Information: We may collect Personal Information in connection with use of the Service. "Personal Information" means information that directly or indirectly identifies an individual or can be used to authenticate an individual. Personal Information may consist of information about you, other Authorized Users, or other persons; and may be provided by the Customer, by the Administrator, by you, or by other Authorized Users.
The Customer has the right to (a) access, view, use and copy any User Content in the User Account of an Authorized User under that Customer's Customer Account; (b) control an Authorized User's access to Content (including the length of time that such Content remains accessible on the Service); and (c) terminate and/or suspend an Authorized User's access to his or her User Account.
The Administrator or Authorized User controls all Content uploaded to the Customer Account and User Account, as applicable, and controls access or use of any such Content uploaded through the Service.
All Personal Information within Content is subject to the Customer's policies and practices on the collection, storage, use and disclosure of Personal Information. We encourage you to review any relevant Customer policies and contact the Administrator with any questions.
You can choose not to provide Personal Information to us. However, if you do not provide certain minimal information, you will not be able to create an account so your ability to use the Service may be significantly limited.
Usage Data. We also collect information about an individual's online activity that, by itself, does not identify the individual, such as browser type, operating system and webpages visited, and may also include other technical information about your mobile device, system and application software, and peripherals (collectively, "Usage Data"). Generally, we do not consider Usage Data as Personal Information because Usage Data by itself usually does not identify an individual. However, some forms of Usage Data may be considered to be Personal Information under applicable law.
Personal Information and Usage Data may be linked together. Different types of Usage Data also may be linked together and, once linked, may identify an individual person.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We collect information that you provide to us and information we derive from your use of the Service. The information that we collect and how we process it depends on how you use and access the Service.
We collect Personal Information and/or Usage Data:
- When a Customer Account or User Account is opened, including account information provided by the Customer, the Administrator, or an Authorized User, such as your name and email address, subscription or notification preferences, privileges assigned in the platform, and your role or title within the Customer.
- When you contact us for help, support or information.
- When you use or interact with the Service, or any time you use our Web App.
- When you provide it to us voluntarily.
We may also collect Personal Information and/or Usage Data from our business partners and service providers. In the course of providing services to us, third parties that assist us with our business operations also collect or access information (including Personal Information and Usage Data) about you through the Service and share it with us. For example, our vendors collect and share information with us to help us detect and prevent fraud.
We use Data Collection Tools to help improve your experience with the Service, including to customize your experience with the Service; to enable us to analyze technical and navigational information about the Service; and to help to detect and prevent fraud.
Web browsers allow some control of most Cookies through the browser settings. If you would prefer not to accept Cookies, you can modify the settings on your specific web browser. You may refer to your browser's online help feature or the user's manual for instructions on how to control Cookies. Some web browsers (including some mobile web browsers) provide a private or in cognito mode that clears browser storage including Cookies after use or alert a user when a Cookie is placed on the user's computer, tablet or mobile device. Most mobile devices also offer settings to reject mobile device identifiers. Blocking or rejecting Cookies will prevent access to the Service.
HOW INFORMATION IS USED
You agree that we may use your Personal Information and Usage Data that we collect to operate, improve, and/or personalize the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree that we may use your Personal Information as follows:
- To operate, improve and personalize the Service
- To help us run and maintain our Service, customize user experience, study traffic patterns, and generally learn about the usage of the Service
- To facilitate the provision of software updates, product support and other services to you (if any), and to improve our products or to provide services or technologies to you
- To provide use of and access to the Service
- To customize and measure the Service
- To provide services requested by you
- To provide support and service
- To prevent, detect, and investigate fraud, security breaches, and potentially prohibited or illegal activities
- To prevent, detect, and investigate activities we have reason to believe may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other users of our Service, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities
- To comply with any court order or request of a governmental agency and when we reasonably believe that the law requires it
- To respond to emails, to send notifications (from us or your Administrator), to provide customer support, to establish your account, and to communicate with you about the Service
- For any other lawful purpose
- In the manner described when we collect the information
We may use information about Administrators, including information that may be considered Personal Information about them, for purposes of billing, providing notices, and other account administration.
If you are an Authorized User, your Personal Information may be shared with the Customer, Administrator(s), other Authorized Users associated with the Customer Account under which your User Account exists, and others as designated by the Administrator(s) of your User Account and the Customer, and your device information may be shared with the Customer and Administrator(s), and others as designated by the Administrator(s) and the Customer.
We will not sell or provide your Personal Information to any third party for direct marketing services or for advertising or marketing goods or services provided by a third party. Also, with respect to Personal Information provided by an Administrator or other Authorized User about you or others, we will limit access to such information to personnel of MembershipWare who need to know such information for purposes of providing the Service.
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
Upon termination of the Customer's Subscription, information may be available to Users as described in the Terms of Service. In general, we retain information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. In addition, we retain Personal Information and other information to comply with applicable law, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our Terms of Service, collect any fees owed and other actions permitted by law. After it is no longer necessary for us to retain information, we may dispose of it according to our data retention and deletion policies.
PRIVACY OF CHILDREN
The Service is intended for general audiences. We do not intentionally collect personal information from users of the Service who are under the age of thirteen. Consistent with the requirements of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), if we learn that we have received any information directly from a child under age 13 without first receiving his or her parent's verified consent, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child (or his or her parent or legal guardian) to inform the child that he or she cannot use the Service and subsequently we will delete that information.
UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
Authorized Users can change their password and other personal preferences used with the Service by accessing the Web App.
If at any time you would like to access, modify, or delete your personal information (including your email address), you may do so yourself through the Web App or by contacting your Administrator.
Our Security Policy is available by contacting us at:
112 South Main Street
Saint Charles, MO 63301
112 South Main Street
Saint Charles, MO 63301